This week, we answer listener questions about Jefferson’s personality traits, Thaddeus Kosciuszko, the State of Jefferson, the Hamilton Soundtrack, fashion during Jefferson’s time, touring Monticello, and Jefferson’s distaste for dogs.
- Friends Divided: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson by Gordon S. Wood
- Principle and Interest: Thomas Jefferson and the Problem of Debt by Herbert E. Sloan
- The Peasant Prince: Thaddeus Kosciuszko and the Age of Revolution by Alex Storozynski
- Wikipedia: Wills of Tadeusz Kościuszko
- Monticello: Letter: Hostility to Dogs
- Founders Online: From Thomas Jefferson to Edmund Bacon, 26 December 1808: "the negroes dogs must all be killed. do not spare a single one. if you keep a couple yourself it will be enough for the whole land."
- 1776 Club: Have Another Brownie, Mr. Madison
- 1776 Club: Monticello: What to See