In this 16th installment of the Jefferson 101 Series, we discuss the period from 1794 to 1797 and Jefferson’s return to Monticello after his tenure as Secretary of State.
- Liberty's First Crisis: Adams, Jefferson, and the Misfits Who Saved Free Speech by Charles Slack (2016)
- Thomas Jefferson: the Apostle of Americanism by Chinard Gilbert
- The Domestic Life of Thomas Jefferson by Sarah N. Randolph
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
- Alan Pell Crawford for The Washington Post: "A House Called Bizarre" (2000)
- Twilight at Monticello: The Final Years of Thomas Jefferson by Alan Pell Crawford (2009)